CATL

CATL innovation lab starts construction with focus on next-generation batteries
The 21C Innovation Lab by Contemporary Amperex Technology (CATL), China's largest automotive lithium-ion battery maker, officially laid the foundation on June 24 in Ningde, Fujian Province.
China's CATL plans to launch batteries with a service life of 2 million kilometers
Zeng Yuqun, chairman of Contemporary Amperex Technology (CATL), China's largest automotive lithium-ion battery maker, said it plans to produce a power battery that lasts 16 years and 2 million kilometers.
CATL sets up joint venture to focus on battery technology
On March 6, Shanghai Kuaibu New Energy Technology Co., Ltd. was established. Fujian Baicheng New Energy Technology Co., Ltd. holds 51% of shares, and Contemporary Amperex Technology (CATL), China's largest automotive lithium-ion battery maker, holds the remaining 49% of shares.
Tesla agrees to buy CATL batteries for China-made Model 3s, report says
Tesla has agreed to buy prismatic lithium-iron phosphate batteries from Contemporary Amperex Technology (CATL), China's largest automotive lithium-ion battery maker, for its shorter-range Model 3 cars in China, the Financial Times reported on Wednesday citing people familiar with the matter.
CATL says co-op with Tesla only at stage of intent
Responding to the Tesla battery report, Contemporary Amperex Technology (CATL), China's largest automotive lithium-ion battery maker, said today the current cooperation with Tesla is only in the phase of intent agreement, and the specific details have not been determined.
What exactly is the cobalt-free battery Tesla is going to use in China?
According to media reports, Tesla will use the cobalt-free battery produced by the Contemporary Amperex Technology (CATL), which is simply lithium iron phosphate power battery.
Tesla will design batteries on its own, report says
Tesla will develop new batteries on its own, and it is expected that specific information such as battery composition will be announced at the battery investor meeting in April, Chinese media E-Company quoted unnamed Tesla sources as saying.
Tesla in talks to use CATL batteries in China-made cars, report says
Tesla is in advanced stages of talks to use batteries from Contemporary Amperex Technology (CATL), China's largest automotive lithium-ion battery maker, in cars made at its China plant, Reuters reported citing people familiar with the matter said.
CATL deal expected to reduce China-made Model 3 prices by 20%
With the increase of Tesla's adoption of Chinese suppliers and the ramp-up of production capacity, the price of Tesla's China-made models will still have room to go down in the future, Cui Dongshu, secretary general of the China Federation of Vehicle Industry Associations said.
China-made Model 3 prices expected to fall further as CATL signs deal with Tesla
China-made Model 3 prices expected to fall further as CATL signs deal with Tesla